How do you buy Tezos (XTZ)? What are some of the best places to buy Tezos (XTZ) today, and what do you need before you can start buying the altcoin?
We tell you everything you need to know about buying Tezos (XTZ) in this guide and provide you with a step-by-step process on how to buy Tezos (XTZ) on six top crypto exchanges and brokerages.
Tezos (XTZ) is a fourth-generation blockchain network that seeks to revolutionize the concept of decentralization. With advanced infrastructure and a disruptive consensus mechanism, the network is powered by the Tez/Tezzie (XTZ) – a governance digital token – that gives the Tezos community a chance to directly participate in the legislation of the blockchain network.
Launched in late 2018, the cryptocurrency has experienced both attractive price surges that put its price above $8 and volatile drops that saw it trade for less than $0.3. Today, and thanks to its price rebound and revolutionary technology, Tezos token has morphed into one of the hottest picks in the crypto sphere.
Top Six Platforms Where You Can Buy Tezos (XTZ)
A Three-step Guide to Buy Tezos (XTZ) Instantly
Step 1: Open an account
First of all, you need to sign up for a live trading account with an exchange that offers Tezos. There are several options and we will be discussing the best six places to buy XTz hereinbelow.
Not to mention, traders should be careful when choosing an exchange and we will also tell you what to look for when vetting deciding on the best exchange where you can buy Tezos.
Step 2: Deposit funds
Before you can make a deposit, most exchanges will demand that you first verify your identity. Typically, a copy of your ID Card, Passport, or Driving license will suffice. But some will ask that you also submit your bank statement or a copy of your utility bill as proof of your residence.
Once your account is verified, you are good to start buying cryptos after depositing funds. Depending upon your jurisdiction and the selected exchange or broker, you may have several deposit and withdrawal options.
Usually, most brokers and exchanges support such popular payment methods as debit/credit cards, bank transfers, wire transfers, e-wallet payments (Neteller, Skrill, PayPal), Webmoney, ACH transfers, GooglePay, and ApplePay, etc.
Step 3: Buy Tezos with or without leverage
Depending on your preferred broker/exchange, you can proceed to buy Tezos or trading Tezos CFDs. When you buy actual Tezos, you are provided with the private keys that give you ownership of the digital token. CFDs contracts, on the other hand, dont give you ownership of the coins but let you speculate on Tezos price direction and access to attractive leverages.
In this review, we’ll cover both types of exchanges and brokers that allow you to buy Tezos coins or limit you to trading XTZ CFDs. We’ll also discuss the platforms that offer both types of investment.
What is Tezos (XTZ)?
Tezos is an open-source blockchain-based network of assets and applications. According to the coin’s developers, the term “Tezos” is a Greek Ancient word used for smart contracts. Besides focusing on the safety of smart contracts and upgradability, XTZ enables open participation for all stakeholders. Tezos holders receive rewards for playing their part in the proof-of-stake mechanism instead of the mining methodology.
Enhancing the concept of smart contracts, Tezos allows participants to control the network rules directly. Not to mention, the coin seems to offer great flexibility than such pioneer cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
A Brief History of Tezos (XTZ)
Tezos was officially released on June 30, 2018, after a successful ICO that launched in 2017. During the ICO, Tezos’ revolutionary approach to blockchain technology attracted a lot of investor interest and ended up raising more than $232 million.
The delay in Tezos’s release (between 2017 and 2018) was occasioned by a dispute between Arthur & Kathleen Breitman (Tezos’ intellectual right holders) and Johann Gevers (Tezos’ President). The dispute and eventual delay sent investors into a panic mode, forcing them to file a case against the developers, accusing them of selling an unregistered security. After making refunds to some of the investors, Tezos finally launched in 2018.
How does Tezos (XTZ) work?
The primary difference between Tezos and all other blockchains is their highly unique proof of work consensus protocol, the fact that it is upgradeable, and its unique approach to upgrades and updates.
A developer proposing Tezos blockchain updates attaches an invoice due to be paid against his/her contribution. Then, after the approval of the network members and adding the proposed up-gradation to the next blockchain, developers receive XTZ tokens.
Since developers receive compensation immediately after formal acknowledgment of their contribution to the network, they enjoy financial freedom without depending upon potential investors or employers.
This working methodology of the network has two benefits. First, it encourages developers to contribute positively to the blockchain. Secondly, it decentralizes the development and maintenance of the network.
The network employs mathematical proof to verify if the core properties of the blockchain are intact throughout all the upgrades. Thus, while maintaining constitutionalism, Tezos continues to evolve rapidly.
Moreover, the team behind the Tezos network anticipates introducing on-chain bounty programs. The bounty program will speed up the inception of new features and enable developers to spot a bug and remove it immediately.
How Is Tezos (XTZ) Different From Or Similar To Bitcoin?
Although Tezos and Bitcoin are based on blockchain technology and share a number of similarities, there exist some fundamental differences between the two coins and technologies, including:
Unlike traditional software, blockchain upgrades are complex and contentious. However, Tezos versatility and clear blockchain upgrade process ensure that adjusting the revolutionary network is as easy as updating any other software.
No Need For Hard Forks
As opposed to other crypto blockchains that resulted in hard forks due to a lack of consensus on potential upgrades and updates, the clear and self-governing rules of Tezos allow stakeholders to vote and reach an agreement unanimously concerning each and every upgrade. Since the Tezos rules have been embedded into the network programmatically, stakeholders can’t avoid them.
Historical Performance of Tezos (XTZ)
Since its launch, Tezos has been exposed to frequent market highs and lows. And after periods of relatively and, the coin did well last year and reached an all-time high of $4.46 as of August 12, 2020. Resultantly, the crypto was able to gain the attention of many investors across the globe.
In July 2017, each XTZ token sold for $0.47 during the Initial Coin Offering (ICO). Until October 2017, the price of the XTZ remained above $2 even after $60 Million worth of XTZ tokens were still unclaimed.
With a sudden price increase, XTZ reached an all-time high of $10.56 on Sunday (December 17, 2017). However, the Tezos couldn’t sustain the selling pressure of the market and dropped to $4.31 within 12 days only.
During the first six months of 2018, the crypto kept hovering between $2 and $6. After being listed on an exchange Gate.io, the XTZ witnessed a significant drop once again. And the primary reason for the price drop was the holders’ rush to sell their tokens.
Tezos hit an all-time high of $5.93 in May 2018 before shifting to a downtrend. By 9th December- the same year – Tezos’ had hit the rock bottom, losing more than #% and selling for $0.3192.For the next two and half years, Tezos recorded a rather poor price action and traded within these low prices, until the last quarter of 2020 when the crypto market started rallying again.
The rally picked momentum and increased parabolically in the first two months of 2021, which helped the coin set its current all-time high of $8.40 on 7th March. Today, and in response to the bearish market trend, the altcoin has lost 65% of this peak value. It is currently trading around $3 and ranked 41st on CoinMarketCaplist of large cryptocurrencies with a market cap of $2.3 Billion.
What Factors Influence Tezos (XTZ) Price?
After looking at the massive volatility affecting Tezos value, it is important that you understand some of the fundamental factors influencing these wild price swings. Here are a few.
Demand for staking (DeFi):
Tezos is not a minable cryptocurrency. Instead, it operates on the Proof of Stake mechanism. Its prices are therefore majorly determined by the demand for staking. When the DeFi ecosystem is doing great and generating decent rewards for stakeholders, Tezos price goes up, and vice versa.
According to Coindesk, Societe Generale, a French Investment Bank, has already expressed interest in using Tezos blockchain to test a Central Bank Digital Coin (CBDC). StableTech – the group behind the development of Tezos, recently announced the introduction of wrapped Tezos on the Ethereum blockchain. With every institution that starts using Tezos and building payment and security programs on its protocol, Tezos gains more credence that boosts its value and draws in investors.
In other words, it might not be wrong to say that Tezos intends to snatch major DeFi activities from the Ethereum network and onboard them to its blockchain. And as more brands leave the Ethereum network in favor of Tezos or prefer building original programs on Tezos, the protocol is perceived as having a sustainable future, which in turn, hypes the demand and prices of Tezos coins.
Correlation to Bitcoin price:
Like virtually all other cryptocurrencies, Tezos price is strongly correlated to Bitcoin’s performance. Looking at both their price charts, you can see the uniformity in the 2018 price drop, 2019 and 2020 depressing price action, and 2021’s rally.
How to Invest in Tezos (XTZ)
There are three primary ways of investing in Tezos cryptocurrencies today.
Buy and Hold
One of the popular investment methods in crypto-assets and securities alike is BUY and HODL assets anticipating an increase in their prices. The recent price surge of Tezos and historical performance show that XTZ might continue rising in the future. Therefore, buying some Tezos and storing them in a cold storage option could be a worthwhile investment.
Tezos (XTZ) CFD Trading
The other option to invest in Tezos is to buy a CFD contract for Tezos. CFD contracts don’t need you to buy actual Tezos coins. Instead, you can speculate on the price of XTZ and make some profits when the market moves in your favor.
Since CFD contracts are mostly margin traded, you have a high chance of maximizing your returns when you apply leverages. Note, however, that leverage is a two-sided sword that not only amplifying your profits but also maximizing potential losses.
Tezos (XTZ) Day Trading
You can also day trade your Tezos holding. Here, day trading refers to the buying and selling of Tezos tokens multiple times throughout the day. No doubt, day trading can help you make lucrative profits. However, you need to have sound knowledge and extensive experience before you could start filling up your pockets.
We, therefore, advise inexperienced Tezos day traders to consult experts or hire professional traders to manage their investments. Alternatively, they can choose to copy trades of successful professional traders and start making money from day one on social trading platforms – like eToro.
How to Buy Tezos (XTZ) Guide
Tezos (XTZ) has gone on to become one of the most popular cryptocurrencies and is in effect listed with virtually all the leading crypto exchanges and brokerages. And now that we have already looked at how to invest in the cryptocurrency and the factors influencing its price, it is about time we decided on how to pay for it. Here then are the most common payment methods that you can use when buying Tezos.
How to Buy Tezos (XTZ) with Credit/Debit Card
Buying Tezos using a debit or credit card is fast and convenient as they are accepted by virtually all the leading exchanges. eToro, for instance, lets you trade Tezos CFDs or buy Tezos coins with credit/debit cards.
Buying XTZ coins using debit or credit cards is instantaneous. Once you have deposited funds in your account, it only takes a few minutes to have the coins delivered to your wallet.
The best part with eToro is that it even allows you to buy Tezos tokens with your unverified accounts. However, the maximum limit to buy Tezos anonymously (without ID verification) is $2000.
The company doesn’t charge any fee on debit/credit card deposits, but funds deposited in any currency other than USD will be subjected to a 2% currency conversion charge.
How to Buy Tezos (XTZ) with PayPal
You can also choose to buy Tezos with PayPal on eToro. Note, however, that the service is only available to residents of countries where both eToro and PayPal are supported.
Clients can fund their accounts in four currencies using PayPal, such as GBP, EUR, USD, and AUD. The minimum and maximum deposit limits are set at $200 and $10,000, respectively. And transaction processing is instantaneous.
How to Buy Tezos (XTZ) With eWallets (Skrill, Neteller)
When buying Tezos on eToro, you also have the option of paying with eWallets like Skrill and Neteller. Like PayPal, the service is only available in countries where both eToro and the eWallet payment service are supported.
The transactions are instantaneous and the deposit and maximum deposits for either payment method are $200 and $10,000, respectively. Deposits are free but withdrawals attract a $5 fee.
eToro client’s in Europe (the UK, France, Netherlands, and Norway) will also have access to such additional eWallet payment methods as Faster Payments and rapid transfer.
How to Buy Tezos (XTZ) through Bank Wire Transfers
In situations where cards and eWallets are available, you can choose to buy Tezos on eToro through bank wire transfer. However, the method is not so popular amongst traders because of the extended periods of time it takes to process deposits and withdrawals. Typically, transfers via bank to or from eToro will be processed in 3 to 8 business days.
Further, the minimum you can deposit into eToro via bank transfer is $500. The upside, however, is that – unlike cards and e-wallets – there is no upper limit on how much you can deposit into eToro via bank.
How to Buy Tezos (XTZ) Anonymously (Without ID Verification)
Clients need to verify their accounts to buy Tezos on eToro. While signing up with eToro, you have 15 days to submit supporting documents to confirm your identity. During this window, clients can buy Tezos even without ID verification. However, the maximum buy limit is capped at $2000. Note also that the service is only available in select countries across the world.
What are the Pros and Cons of Buying Tezos (XTZ)?
- Energy efficiency: Since Tezos is based on a Proof-of-stake consensus mechanism, it isn’t as energy-consuming as other blockchains that use the proof-of-work consensus – like Bitcoins.
- Rewards & Bounty: Developers and active members of the Tezos community receive rewards in the form of XTZ coins for their contributions to the network. These contributions typically involve identifying and removing bugs on the network and staking their XTZ tokens for transaction confirmation/verification.
- Support dApps: Tezos allows developers to create decentralized apps and other smart contract-based programs on the protocol. But before you can start developing these apps and programs, you will need to familiarize yourself with the Tezos network’s native language – Michelson.
- Secure and concise: Tezos has put in place several safeguards that help keep the network secure. These start with the fact that it is open-sourced, offers formal code verification for the smart contracts built on the platform, and incentivizes open participation for the entire Tezos community.
- Adaptive to automated upgrades: The formal up-gradation methodology and modular architecture allow networks to automatically adapt to new technological proposals and innovations.
- Consensus mechanism: Tezos offers a formal procedure enabling stakeholders to reach a consensus on any proposed protocols or amendments, avoiding any political deadlock.
- Lacks commercial support: Even with its revolutionary technology, massive scalability, and unmatched security, Tezos is yet to attract meaningful investor interest and institutional following – especially when compared to pioneer crypto projects like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Uncertainty element: The successful Tezos ICO in 2017 was followed by gaping infights, court battles, multiple internal wrangles that caused delays in the release of the altcoin. While the infights may have cooled off, they contributed to the loss of investor confidence and cast doubt on the project’s sustainability.
- Young blockchain: Tezos is still in its nascent days and much of its potential remains unknown and untapped. There are a lot of uncertainties with regards to its future fees, speed, and scalability. Most investors, therefore, view it as an immature blockchain and, therefore, prefer sticking to the proven technologies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What Do You Need Before You Can Buy Tezos (XTZ)?
Crypto exchanges have worked hard in simplifying the crypto investment process. They have narrowed the process of investing in cryptocurrencies like Tezos easy and straightforward. Today this is the much you need to start buying Tezos.
You first need to find a reputable exchange or brokerage that lists Tezos and create a trader account with them. Today there are multiple crypto trading platforms that list XTZ but you have to carefully vet a trading platform before creating an account with them – to ensure it meets your trading needs. And we will be helping you understand some of the factors to consider when vetting these exchanges and listing the best places to buy Tezos hereinbelow.
Make sure that you have sufficient funds in your accounts before attempting to buy Tezos. Depending upon the type of investment, you might need a different amount of capital. For example, if you wish to buy actual Tezos coins, it might cost you more money than simply buying a CFD contract that gives you access to leveraged funds.
A digital wallet
Once you are done purchasing Tezos, you need to store them in a secure place. You could store them on the exchange where you buy them (if it provides an in-exchange wallet) or in a free smartphone/desktop app wallet – but these are not recommended. Where possible, especially when making a significant Tezos investment, consider storing them in ultra-secure hardware wallets.
How Much Do You Need to Buy Tezos (XTZ)?
The minimum amount you need to buy Tezos is typically determined by your preferred exchange/brokerage’s minimum trade amounts. The maximum investment should however be determined by such factors as your risk tolerance, investment goal, disposable income, and your trading experience.
As always we remind you that Tezos – like any other cryptocurrency is a highly volatile and unpredictable investment. Seek expert help before investing, start small and grow your investment gradually, and only invest what you can afford to lose.
Where Can You Buy Tezos (XTZ) Today?
There are numerous types of crypto trading platforms offering Tezos today. And they all can be a good place to buy Tezos in 2021. But we advise that you take your time and vet either of these carefully before you can trust them with not just your finances but also such sensitive personal information as your identification document and residence.
The most common places to buy Tezos, however, are a Bitcoin exchange or a brokerage. Typically, the exchange lets you buy Tezos altcoins and provides you with the private keys that give ownership and control over the asset. Brokerages, on the other hand, let you buy Tezos CFDs and provide margin trading services. There, however, are hybrid brokerages like eToro that offer both actual coin and CFD services.
How to Buy Tezos (XTZ) at an ATM?
Buying Tezos on an ATM works the same way you buy any other digital asset, such as Bitcoin. You can deposit physical currency into a deposit machine and purchase Tezos against it.
Although, we haven’t heard of any well-reputed Tezos specific ATMs so far, just minimal chatter on Reddit about introducing Tezos coins on the Bitcoin ATMs.
What to Look for in a Tezos (XTZ) Trading platform?
Before signing up with a Tezos trading platform, you need to consider various factors. Below is a quick checklist that you can use while opening an account with a broker or an exchange.
A well-reputed broker or an exchange is likely to remain fair in all aspects. Besides upholding the best ethical practices, reputable brokers provide timely resolutions to clients’ queries and concerns. You can check the reputation of a broker with third-party independent reviewers’ websites such as TrustPilot. Reading clientele feedback on renowned public platforms, such as Reddit and Quora, might also help.
Total trading costs
It is worth checking transaction charges with a broker or exchange before signing up with it. Of course, you will be funding your account to buy Tezos. High transaction costs can limit your buying volume. Also, confirm if they maintain non-trading or other hidden costs.
Supported payment methods
It could be possible that your preferred exchange/brokerage either doesn’t support your preferred payment method or maintains exorbitant deposit/withdrawal charges. Therefore, check if your broker or exchange allows you to deposit using your preferred payment method and confirm the associated fees. Importantly, check the payment processing lead time for the payment method.
User Interface (UI)
A trading interface of your broker or exchange also matters when buying or trading Tezos and other coins. A complex trading interface that is hard to navigate can be overwhelming for a novice trader. Therefore, ensure that your prospective broker or exchange maintains a user-friendly trading platform while hosting both the basic and advanced trading and analysis tools and indicators.
Number of Coins: 20+
Margin Trading: YES
Minimum Deposit: $200
eToro is a multi-asset brokerage firm founded in 2007. The company offers trading services in forex, stocks, indices, commodities, and digital currencies. Best known for social trading services, eToro holds multiple regulations in various jurisdictions across the globe.
With competitive pricing, easy-to-use trading platforms, and a rich investment portfolio, the company serves millions of clients worldwide. Buying Tezos (XTZ) on eToro is quite simple. Besides having an easy signing up process, the company offers a wide range of payment options making it quick for clients to fund their accounts and get started.
While the minimum amount to open an account with eToro is $200, the available payment methods on eToro include but are not limited to debit/credit cards, e-wallets (Skrill, PayPal, Neteller), and bank transfers.
Unlike other brokers, clients can either buy actual Tezos coins or open a CFD position with eToro. However, UK-based clients can purchase Tezos (XTZ) real tokens only due to the FCA restrictions on trading cryptocurrency CFD contracts.
Pros And Cons Of Buying Tezos (XTZ) On Etoro
- User-friendly trading platforms: eToro’s trading platforms are simple to use and easy to navigate. Searching for your favorite crypto asset on eToro’s trading interface is excessively fast. Even novice traders won’t have any issue finding Tezos and placing an order.
- Supports copy trading: Clients can copy trades of other professional traders using eToro’s social trading platform. The copy trading feature helps traders to start making passive income right from day one.
- Competitive pricing: The brokerage offers a competitive pricing structure, making it affordable for all classes of traders.
- Offers actual coins: Traders can buy real coins from eToro instead of purchasing a CFD contract only. Most brokers don’t provide such facilities.
- Custodian wallet: To store Tezos and other digital currencies safely, clients can use the eToro wallet. Since the eToro crypto wallet supports multiple cryptocurrencies, traders can hold up to 120 digital assets into it.
- High-non trading fees: Besides applying inactivity fees on dormant accounts, the broker also charges for withdrawals. The non-trading cost in aggregate can become expensive at times.
- Limited customer support: Clients can seek customer support via email or phone call. The company doesn’t offer a live chat feature to traders outside the eToro member’s club.
Step-By-Step Process of Buying Tezos (XTZ) On Etoro
Buying Tezos eToro is fast and straightforward. Given below are few steps to help you know how it works.
1. Buying Tezos eToro is fast and straightforward. Given below are few steps to help you know how it works.
2. Enter your basic information, including username, email, and password. Accept the terms and conditions and click on create an account.
3. Click the deposit button and enter the amount you wish to deposit. Select your preferred payment method from the drop-down list.
4. Enter the amount you wish to deposit and authenticate the payment details to complete the transaction.
5. Access the dashboard and click on the trade markets available on the navigation panel and search Tezos. Indicate your desired amount, click on the buy button and authorize the transaction. Your Tezos coins will reach your eToro account instantly.
Note: Clients need to complete the KYC process to verify their identity before purchasing higher volumes. Unverified accounts can only buy Tezos coins worth up to $2000.
2. Capital.com – Best for CFD Trading
Number of Coins: 12+
Margin Trading: YES
Minimum Deposit: 20 $£€
Capital.com is a multi-regulated broker, best known for trading cost-effective CFD positions. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, the broker accepts clients from nearly all parts of the world, excluding the U.S. and few other jurisdictions.
While the broker offers tight spreads, no commission or hidden charges makes the overall cost quite competitive. Since the broker doesn’t sell actual coins, clients only have the option of buying CFD contracts at Capital.com.
User-friendly trading platforms, advanced risk management tools, and rich educational resources make the broker well suited for novice and skilled traders. The broker allows clients to start for as low as $20. Unlike other brokerage firms, clients don’t have many options available to fund their accounts at capital.com.
However, low minimums with no fees on deposit and withdrawals seem to work well with limited payment methods, such as debit/card, credit card, wire transfers, Skrill, and Neteller. After signing up with Capital.com, traders need to verify their accounts first before they could start buying Tezos.
Pros And Cons Of Buying Tezos (XTZ) On Capital.Com
- Regulatory framework: Capital.com holds multiple regulations from the world’s most reputable authorities, including FCA and CySEC. Clients can rest assured concerning the safety of their funds invested with the company.
- Robust signup: The broker offers a quick signup process with fewer formalities involved. Except for the verification process, the time needed for registration with the broker doesn’t exceed a minute or two.
- Efficient customer support: Besides offering round-the-clock customer support, the Capital.com support team stays on its toes to help clients on a run-time basis.
- Low trading cost: The cost to trade crypto CFDs at capital.com is quite competitive. Low minimums even further reduce the costing burden.
- Excellent educational resources: The broker offers plenty of educational resources to help clients learn and grow.
- Limited product portfolio: Even though the broker supports 11 crypto coins and offers various other financial instruments to trade, the overall product portfolio still lacks competitive variety.
- No price notifications: While using the web-based platform, clients don’t receive price alerts.
Step-By-Step Process Of Buying Tezos (XTZ) On Capital.Com
1. Go to the broker’s official website and click on the trade now button to start the registration process.
2. Enter your email ID, choose a password and then click continue.
3. Enter the verification code received on your registered email address or mobile phone to activate your account.
4. Access the dashboard and click on the Deposit button available on the navigation panel.
5. Select your preferred payment method from the available options and enter your desired amount.
6. Authenticate the transaction details to complete the transaction.
7. Click on the trade button and find Tezos using the search bar. Enter the amount of Tezos you wish to buy and click the buy button. Your Tezos will reflect in your account instantly.
Note: Since the broker doesn’t offer actual coins, traders can’t transfer their coins to other wallets.
3. Coinbase – Best for Beginners
Number of Coins: 50+
Margin Trading: No
Minimum Deposit: 1 $£€
Established in 2012, Coinbase is one of the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges. Besides a user-friendly trading platform, its’ easy-to-use trading interface makes it best suited for beginners. The company is headquartered in the United States. Besides offering Tezos, the exchange has a wide range of financial instruments to explore.
Besides a wide range of supported cryptocurrencies, the exchange comes with an institutional-grade storage option. You can apply for the Coinbase custodian wallet to store your cryptos offline. The company also offers a Coinbase card to enable clients to spend their coins or withdraw funds worldwide.
Low trading costs and discounts on using the Coinbase utility token USDC provide the company with a competitive edge over its competitors. In addition, the company’s advanced trading and risk management tools equip clients to trade effectively.
Getting started with Coinbase is quick. Multiple payment options, such as payment through Bank account (ACH transfers), Wire transfers, Debit/Credit cards, and PayPal, make it even faster to fund your account and begin buying Tezos at Coinbase.com.
Pros And Cons Of Buying Tezos (XTZ) On Coinbase
- Variety of Altcoins: The exchange offers a wide range of altcoins to choose including the Tezos. Clients can trade more than 60 cryptocurrencies at Coinbase.com.
- Simple User Interface (UI): Coinbase user interface is quite simple. While users can easily navigate the platform, search tools help traders find their favourite crypto assets conveniently.
- Highly liquid: The exchange offers increase liquidity. Traders can have their assets bought and sold relatively fast without any significant price difference.
- Increased Security: Coinbase employs a two-step authentication factor limiting unauthorized access. In addition, SSL web encryption protocols make users’ personal and financial information well secured.
- Offers stable coin: Coin base offers a stable coin USDC. Using the exchange’s utility tokens, traders can buy different assets at discounted prices.
- High transaction fee: Even though the trading cost is competitive, Coinbase transaction charges are relatively higher.
- Lack of control on private keys: Even though your cryptos are safe with Coinbase, they remain in the custody and control of the exchange. You don’t have complete control over your wallet to limit the exchange from accessing your digital assets.
- Average customer support: Clients have to rely upon the detailed FAQs section for their queries. Interaction with human representatives becomes difficult at times.
Step By Step Process Of Buying Tezos (XTZ) On Coinbase
1. Click on the get started button on the top right corner of the exchange’s homepage.
2. Enter your full name, password, and email id, check box the user agreement and click create an account.
3. Click on the link received on your registered email ID to verify your email and move forward.
4. Access your dashboard and click on the settings. Upload verification documents to complete the KYC process. You can use your National ID Card, Passport, or Driving license to confirm your identity. You also need to provide a copy of your bank statement or a utility bill for address verification.
5. Access the portfolio tab from the navigation panel and click on deposit funds. Select your preferred payment method, such as Bank transfers, Wire transfers, credit or debit cards, etc. Enter the amount you wish to deposit and authorize the transaction.
6. Click on the homepage and select Tezos under the portfolio section. Enter the amount you wish to buy and press continue to move to the payment page. After authentication of the transaction, the Tezos will be transferred to your account instantly.
4. Binance – Best for Low Fees
Number of Coins: 1500+
Margin Trading: YES
Minimum Deposit: 1 $£€
Best known for lower trading fees, Binance is one of the leading crypto exchanges of all time. The exchange was founded in 2017 and is based in Cayman Island. With a daily trading volume of above $2 Billion, Binance is not just an exchange but an entire ecosystem. The company offers an exceptional range of crypto assets. Clients can buy Tezos and other crypto coins at competitive rates on Binance.
Except for maker or taker fees, the exchange doesn’t charge trading commissions or overnight interest. The make or taker fees depend upon your trading volume over the last 30 days. Not to mention, a flat rate of 0.1% on spot trading is applicable across all cryptos assets. Clients holding the exchange’s BNB tokens can even have 25% off on spot trading.
Besides a cost-effective trading solution, the exchange has a lot to offer. In addition to buying Tezos, clients can also explore the wide range of Binance derivatives collection, such as futures contracts for cryptocurrencies and vanilla options.
Binance classic user interface offers easy access to novice traders for trading their favorite cryptos. On the other hand, the advanced version comes with all the latest trading tools well suited for veterans. Moreover, clients can also purchase or trade Tezos using the mobile app.
Pros and Cons of buying Tezos (XTZ) on Coinbase.
- Lower fees: As compared to other crypto exchanges, Coinbase offers low rates for trading cryptos. Moreover, the exchange doesn’t charge any fee on deposits.
- Very fast: Binance process orders instantly. As an average estimate, the exchange can process 1.4 million orders in a second.
- Good reputation: Despite being in the business for relatively a short period, Binance managed to win the trust of millions of customers worldwide.
- Latest trading tools: Binance equips traders with all the latest and advanced trading tools to cater to market volatility with complete confidence.
- BNB discounts: The exchange offers special discounts to BNB token holders. For instance, clients can avail 25% waiver on spot trading with BNB tokens.
- No phone support: Clients who wish to contact the company can only access the customer support team over email or live chat. The company doesn’t entertain phone calls.
- Limited deposit methods: The exchange lacks to offer greater flexibility concerning payment methods. Traders can fund their accounts using bank transfers or debit/credit cards. Not to mention, the exchange also accepts cash deposits.
Step By Step Process Of Buying Tezos (XTZ) On Binance?
1. Visit the official webpage of exchange and click on the register now.
2. Enter your detail on the registration page, such as email id and password. You can also use your mobile phone number instead of an email.
3. On the dashboard, click on the fund account button. On the deposit page, tap on fiat deposit and choose your currency as well as a preferred payment method.
4. Enter payment details and authorize the transaction to receive funds in your Binance account.
5. Click on the markets tab from the options panel available on the top, tap on spot trading, and find Tezos using the search coin option.
6. Enter the amount of Tezos you want to buy and then confirm the transaction to receive XTZ in your account instantly.
5. CoinMama – Best for Fast Transactions
Number of Coins: 9+
Margin Trading: No
Minimum Deposit: 50 $£€
Established in 2013, Coinmama offers crypto trading services to clients across 188 countries in the world. Registered in Slovakia, the company headquarters in Israel.
Instead of P2P transactions, the exchange offers direct buying or selling of cryptocurrencies. Due to the hassle-free signing up process and multiple payment options, Coinmama is one of the best exchanges to buy Tezos.
Besides crypto-to-crypto trading, the company also allows clients to convert their cryptos to fiat and back to cryptos anytime. In addition, traders can deposit funds in their accounts in six fiat currencies, including GBP, USD, EUR, JPY, CAD, and AUD.
While the minimum amount needed to open an account with Coinmama is $50, available payment options include debit/credit cards, bank transfers, SEPA transfers, Fedwire, Open Banking (UK Swift), GooglePay, and ApplePay.
Note: The exchange charges a 5% express fee on payments made via Bank cards, GooglePay or ApplePay.
Pros And Cons Of Buying Tezos (XTZ) On Coinmama
- Fast delivery: The exchange is fast enough to process your orders. The maximum time it takes to send your cryptos to your account doesn’t exceed one hour. However, wire transfers are an exception that could take between 1-3 business days.
- High buying limits: It is common for exchanges to impose buying limits. However, Coinmama seems to have a flexible approach and allows traders to buy higher volumes of digital currencies depending upon the selected payment method and verification level. For example, verified account holders can buy $15,000 worth of Tezos using bank transfers.
- Anonymity: Unlike most exchanges, Coinmama doesn’t store user’s personal or financial information.
- Security: The exchange has a foolproof security mechanism in place. The company’s advanced encrypted protocols make your transaction well secured.
- Quick signup: Opening an account with Coinmama is quick. You only need to enter your email id, and a password followed by your country of residence, and you are done.
- Fewer trading tools: Coinmama lacks variety in offering advanced trading tools such as charts, indicators, graphs, etc. Although novice traders may not have any issues, skilled traders might find it a little inconvenient.
- No mobile platform: Unlike other crypto exchanges, Coinmama doesn’t offer a mobile trading platform. The unavailability of a mobile trading app limits the flexibility to access Coinmama anytime, anywhere.
- Slow customer support: Since clients can only access the company via email, seeking customer support at Coinmama can become a headache.
Step-by-step process of buying Tezos (XTZ) on Coinmama
1. Click the signup option on the official website of Coinmama. Enter your email id, password, and country of residence on the registration page and tap the create an account button.
2. Access the dashboard and complete the KYC process before start buying Tezos. You need to upload a copy of your id card, passport, or driving license for level-I verification.
3. On the buy page, you have the option to select a predefined package to buy Tezos or enter an amount manually.
4. Select your preferred payment method, such as debit/credit cards, bank transfers, GooglePay, etc.
5. Select the crypto you wish to buy, such as Tezos. Enter the required amount and authenticate the payment details to complete the transaction. Your Tezos will reflect in your account immediately.
6. Kraken – Best for Safe Tezos (XTZ) Storage
Number of Coins: 50+
Margin Trading: YES
Minimum Deposit: 1 $£€
Kraken is one of the pioneer exchanges to offer crypto trading. The company started its operation in 2011. Kraken is well known for its safe storage option for cryptocurrencies. In addition to buying and selling digital currencies, clients can also stake their crypto assets to maximize their holdings and compound associated rewards.
Besides OTC (over the counter) services, clients can also explore other features offered at Kraken, including Futures, Margin trading, Account management. Not to mention, the exchange also offers competitive pricing schedules.
Kraken’s user-friendly trading platforms have all the basic and advanced trading tools available to offer a purposeful trading experience. Moreover, the quick signup process and efficient verification of accounts allow traders to register and start trading immediately.
The minimum amount you need to sign up with Kraken is as low as $1. Clients can deposit funds in their accounts using Fedwire SWIFT, Etana Custody, Silvergate Exchange Network (SEN), Wire Transfer, Etana Custody, and Silvergate Exchange Network (SEN). While the company charges a 0.9% fee on stable coins and a 1.5% fee on any other crypto or FX pair, the payment processing fee of 3.75% + €0.25 and 0.5% fee applies on card payments and bank transfers.
Pros And Cons Of Buying Tezos (XTZ) On Kraken
- Liquidity: Being the world’s fourth most liquid exchange, Kraken offers sufficient liquidity enabling traders to fill up their orders at desired prices.
- Highly secure: Kraken falls amongst a few exchanges that have never been hacked. One of the primary reasons traders prefer to open an account with Kraken is the security of funds.
- Competitive cost: Kraken’s trading cost is quite competitive. It meets the average industry standards that make it affordable for all classes of traders.
- Trading interface: The company’s sleekly designed trading interface allows traders to navigate the trading platform easily.
- Rich product portfolio: The exchange offers a wide range of crypto assets to buy and sell.
- Complex product range: Since the exchange offers a mix of primary and complex products, such as Margin trading, Futures, and Staking options, it can easily confuse novice traders.
- Doesn’t accept cards: Unlike most crypto exchanges, Kraken doesn’t support payments through debit or credit cards.
- Slow browsing issue: Customers sometimes experience the unresponsiveness of the platform or slow browsing issues. Concerns, however, blame the heavy traffic approaching the website in peak hours.
Step-By-Step Process Of Buying Tezos (XTZ) On Kraken
1. Open the official website of the exchange and click on the signup button.
2. Enter your name, password, and country of residence and click continue.
3. Click on the link received on your email id to confirm your email address and complete the registration process.
4. On the dashboard, type your desired crypto assets, such as XTZ. Enter the required amount and press the buy button.
5. Select your preferred payment method from the available options, and authenticate payment details to complete the purchase. After successful authorization of payment, your Tezos will reach your account at once.
Other Ways of Getting Tezos (XTZ)
In addition to buying Tezos from brokers, exchanges, and ATMs, given below are some other ways of getting Tezos.
Gifts or Tips
Since each Tezos token is worth only a few dollars, it is within reach of everyone. People love to send Tezos as a gift to their peers and family. Being a content creator, setting up a Tezos Tip Jar would help you receive tips and donations from clients and contacts. All you need is to have a valid Tezos wallet address.
Through Tezos Faucets
The Tezos Foundation has recently launched a crypto faucet to distribute a small volume of XTZ tokens amongst the masses. While the faucets funds are for testing and developing the network, common people can also claim to have some share for free.
However, Tezos faucets come with limitations, so more people can enjoy a fair share of the giveaway money. Currently, Tezos’s faucet pays 0.01 XTZ tokens (1.5¢) per user. According to the website, it depends on the sole discretion of the foundation to modify the limit or end the free faucet offer forever.
Contribution to the network
You can also get some Tezos as a reward for your contribution to the network. The simplest way to contribute to the Tezos network is identifying any loopholes in the software at Gitlab and reporting them to the network.
How Can You Use Tezos (XTZ)?
After having Tezos in your crypto wallet, you can use them in different ways. However, if you struggle to find an idea, try spending them using the methods given below.
1) HODL them as a speculative instrument
HODLing can be the best strategy to spend your Tezos. It works well for risk-averse traders. The idea behind HODLing is to buy and hold your digital assets anticipating an increase in their value. However, you must be aware of the fact that cryptocurrencies are highly volatile. You could incur severe losses in the blink of an eye. Therefore, do not invest your money you can’t afford to lose.
2) Trade the altcoin
You can also consider trading Tezos in the market. The quickest method to trade your altcoin is day trading. However, day trading does not suit everyone. You have to be well versed with the market behavior to make some profits. Alternatively, copy trading or account management services could be a better idea to trade your Tezos.
3) Pay for goods and services
Since cryptocurrencies have been widely accepted as a supported payment method, you can also pay your Tezos to buy different products and services across the globe.
4) Donate to charity
Many NGOs and human welfare organizations accept cryptocurrencies as donations. You can also find a charity that accepts donations in Tezos.
What do Reddit & Quora Users Say About Investing in Tezos (XTZ)?
While searching Tezos on Quora, we came across multiple comments concerning the prospect of Tezos. To some, it is the right time to invest in Tezos since the price has fallen. The optimists believe that buying it cheaper will certainly provide an edge to Tezos token holders once it starts rising again.
On the other hand, some people seemed not so convinced concerning the future of the coin. According to them, the overall crypto market crashed recently, and it is unlikely for Tezos or any other coin to rise anytime soon.
However, the overall consensus of the Quro community seemed to be casting their votes in favor of Tezos (XTZ).
Unlike Quora, the Reddit community is more appreciative of Tezos cryptocurrency and the Tezos Network. The majority of users believe that Tezos is going to be the coin of the future. According to some crypto enthusiasts on Reddit, Tezos continuously improvises technological updates and introduces new solutions.
On the other hand, some people didn’t seem willing to appraise the concept of the Proof-of-Stake mechanism. They argued that the stake pool is just a short-term solution and won’t survive much longer. According to them, people are least likely to adapt to Tezos due to its technical complexities. The network is going to have many challenges ahead, they added.
Tezos has been a well-established crypto asset that has survived the bearish market many times. Besides offering a unique governance system, Tezos employs cryptographic encryption that makes it safe and secure. In addition, the coin enables developers to receive rewards against their contribution to the network. Since it supports both smart contracts and decentralized apps, it is getting increasingly popular amongst the masses. In this guide, we tried to bring all the necessary information that may help you decide whether or not you should invest in Tezos. We have also enlisted some of the best platforms where you can buy Tezos conveniently.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At present, Tezos ranks 42nd in terms of market capitalization. As an average estimate, the market cap of Tezos stands around $2,757,954,984. Although the coin is being traded for around $3.27 at times, the recent surge in its price suggests it could rise further. Therefore, it is worth buying Tezos around the current levels.
There is no way Tezos could become dead. Since Tezos has already recovered from the COVID 19 – triggered bearish market, concerns anticipate it to become stronger in the coming days.
Yes, you can. The best way to buy Tezos is to buy bitcoins first and then fund your wallet with Bitcoins. Alternatively, you can also swap Bitcoins with Tezos, provided that your exchange allows you to do so.
You can use various methods to buy Tezos instantly. However, the simple and quickest method to buy Tezos is using a debit/credit card.
Unfortunately, you can’t buy Tezos on either of the platforms at times. While PayPal supports BTC, LTC, ETH, and BCH, CashApp offers BTC purchases only.
You can encash your Tezos investment by trading it against fiat currency on a Tezos support exchange.
No, Tezos is not based on Proof-of-Work. Instead, it is based on a Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism.